Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Willpower Wednesday

I surprised myself today... more than once... and it felt good... really good!

My plan to tackle the 6:00 a.m. class at Pure Barre was shockingly successful. This plan was not a new one, but today was the first day I actually completed it.

My overwhelming hunger for Jack in the Box breakfast after my morning workout was obliterated when I turned the other direction at the stop light and chose Trader Joe's for greek yogurt and a banana instead.

My continued desire to munch all day was quenched by vegetable juices, water and iced tea before, during and after my meals.

My need for a nap became a need for speed after concentrating on the tasks at hand and getting up to stretch periodically.

Think I have more willpower than you?
I DON'T.
Willpower is not something you have or you don't have and it's not something that we're each given in varying quantities. Willpower is like a muscle - you must exercise it if you intend it to work efficiently. Willpower is practicing self control for the betterment of you and only you. Willpower is not depriving yourself of your desires, it is improving your decisions based on long term and overall success. Willpower is saying NO to yourself sometimes and being your own bad guy. Willpower will make you change and it will make you uncomfortable.

OVERCOME THE UNCOMFORTABLE.
SAY NO TO YOURSELF WHEN NECESSARY.
BECOME THE PERSON YOU WANT & DESERVE TO BE.

After all.... you're the only one standing in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment