Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kung POW to the Common Cold

Hey, cold symptoms... yah, you... clogging up my head, scratching up my throat, messing up my nose and making me feel like I'm on the brink of explosion... you are so unwelcome here!
 
Feeling the symptoms creep up or in the midst of a full blown attack?! Don't worry friends, we've all been there/might be there currently, and I think I speak for all of us when I say I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS NONSENSE!
 
Act NOW.
Act FAST.
Fill up on these natural remedies to kick your cold in the butt!
 
 
WATER
Hydration is an essential part of getting over whatever ailment you're experiencing. Too much of the time, our bodies become sick and don't recover quickly enough because we're not properly hydrated. At a minimum, you should be drinking 64 ounces of water every single day, but when you're sick or consuming caffeine and/or alcohol, that amount should increase. Try drinking room temperature water to promote more rapid hydration as well - by drinking water that isn't too cold or too hot, your body doesn't have to put in any extra work cooling it down or heating it up. This is also a great hangover tip - your hangover is really just another way of your body saying you're dehydrated after getting wastey-face... room temp water homie.
 
SLEEP
Yup, you've heard this one before but never seem to make it happen which is probably why you're still sick. MAKE TIME TO SLEEP so your body can use all available resources to fight off the yuckies, in turn allowing you to get back to 100% in the blink of an eye. Swear you don't have any extra time to sleep? I think you're full of it.... Here's a solution list for some common excuses:
 
- Record your favorite show (or catch it later on Hulu) so you don't stay up watching TV.
- Unplug the TV if you're that person who watches filler shows all night long.
- Read a book or do some sleep promoting yoga poses if you have trouble falling asleep.
- Grab some ready made soup at the grocery store so you don't have to make dinner.
- Tell your current text or phone buddies that you're taking the night off to rest. Also be sure to text plenty of Emoji's that emphasize how sad this makes you, but that you really have no choice...
- Make a to-do list so you can go to bed with the peace of mind that you won't forget anything that still needs to get done when you wake up.
- Make arrangements for the little kiddles, spouse or YOURSELF to sleep elsewhere for the night to ensure you get a good night sleep. Loved ones should be promoting your recovery, not complaining about it. Send them my way if that's a problem... I workkouuuutttt....
 
**Extra Sleep Tip**
Sleep with an extra pillow under your head to allow your nasal passages to drain more easily. Yes, that's gross and slightly uncomfortable, but do you want to get better or not?!

UNPLUG
I know, I know... it's the century of social networking and we're all slightly to severely addicted to our cell phones, computers, televisions, and any other gadgets lying around. The reality is, you should unplug as much as possible during your recovery time. The more you unplug, the more sleep you'll get and the less your eyes/mind/body will strain to concentrate on electronics, which ultimately means you'll focus more on practicing healing remedies and you'll feel more relaxed. Seriously, your Facebook notifications won't go anywhere for one night while you rest and if that guy/girl likes you enough, they'll respect that you need to get better and encourage you to heal so they can make out with your sexy self again soon!

GET STEAMY
Get your mind out of the gutter... I'm talking about breathing in some steam to loosen up all the yucky business going on in your head and body. Take a hot bath or shower, sip on hot soup and drink warm liquids. The more the merrier since it'll really help clear you out!
 
GREEN TEA
Not only does green tea fall into the get steamy category above, but it also helps rid your body of unwanted toxins! The list of green tea healing benefits goes on and on so this one should be a no brainer. Plus, is tastes delicious...
 
GARLIC
Thought garlic was just a tasty addition to your meal? Think again! Garlic has a ton of great antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties, which means it will give you a great boost to get better fast! Grab some garlic pills or some extra garlic cloves to add to your meals and take advantage of this incredible ancient healer. Plus, this item also tastes delicious...
 
GINGER
In addition to relieving stomach aches and tummy problems, ginger is great at making you sweat! That's right, add some ginger to your tea to help you sweat out more toxins while calming down your stomach. Not only that, but ginger also contains particles active against a common group of cold viruses. Triple score!
 
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
That old wives' tale about eating chicken noodle soup when you have a cold is actually pretty accurate. Not only does chicken noodle soup contain mucus fighting elements, but it also provides good steam to loosen up congestion, carbohydrates to give you energy and protein and veggies to give your body nutrients. Aim for low sodium versions though, since salt will play a role in dehydration... remember, we're trying to hydrate, not dehydrate!
 
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Don't worry, drinking some Apple Cider Vinegar isn't nearly as disgusting as you look in this state of illness... Combine 2 tablespoons in hot water and drink like tea (add honey if you want). Apple Cider Vinegar will help relieve joint pain and stiffness and improve your bowel movements (aka: you will poop out toxins more quickly).
 
GARGLE
Gargling about 1-2 teaspoons of salt in warm water 3-4 times per day will dramatically help moisten your throat and heal your symptoms of throat soreness and irritation!

WASH YOUR HANDS
(1) Wash your hands thoroughly and often - use warm water and soap to keep yourself bacteria free as much as possible.
(2) Keep your freshly washed hands, and all hands for that matter, away from your face. We are trying to get rid of the yuckies, not welcome more in!
 
 
 
May you be blessed with plenty of tissue and a speedy recovery!

2 comments:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860.   website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com
    Dr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV
    Herpes
    CancerChronic DiseaseAsthmaParkinson's diseaseExternal infection
    Als,common coldmultiple sclerosis diseaseNausea, Vomiting or DiarrheaHeart Disease
    DiabetesKidney DiseaseLupusEpilepsyStroke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship.  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860  He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs.  like
    HIV/AIDSHERPESASTHMAEPILEPSYNAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEASTROKEEXTERNAL INFECTIONCANCERDIABETESCHRONIC DISEASEHEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again:  drrealakhigbe@gmail.comnumber : +2348142454860 

    ReplyDelete