Monday, April 23, 2012

The Re-Balancing Act

After the last few weekends of traveling, splurging, and making wonderful memories, I’m feeling a little off balance. Yes, it was amazing to have fun and enjoy life to the fullest, but with all of that comes consequences. For instance…. I’ve been eating out a lot more than usual so my body and wallet are upset… I haven’t been exercising like usual so I feel tired, yucky and sluggish… I’ve been on the go and bad about addressing my daily healthy living items… and so on and so forth. All feelings that I’m sure you’ve experienced at one point or another (or something similar).

(No, that's not me, but I wouldn't mind having her legs and being able to balance on a log so easily...)

I used to let times like these get me down and turn into self pity parties on the couch. This time though, I refuse to fall into that same pattern. I might be hanging on by my toes, but I HAVE NOT and WILL NOT fall off the wagon (as they say). It’s time to get motivated, make a plan, and most importantly, follow through to accomplish my goals!


Step 1: Weekly Goal Setting
  • Food Journal everyday
  • 30-60 minutes of (GREAT!) exercise 5 days of the week
  • No alcohol Monday-Thursday
  • 35 minutes of meditation (divided throughout the week as desired)
  • No less than 8 hours of sleep per night
  • No soda
Step 2: Daily Check-List Items
  • Take vitamins
  • Drink 60-80 oz. of water
  • Food Journal everything
  • Floss (this is a new goal for me - I anticipate it will be challenging, but its something that needs to be done!)
  • Nightly reading (no particular amount set)
Step 3: Review & Follow-Through!
  • Re-read my weekly goals every morning to make sure I’m on track
  • Decide on a good treat to reward myself for a week of successful goals and completed daily check-lists (Maybe a cute shirt? Or a massage? Or a secret dance party to jump around screaming how awesome success feels? So many options to choose from…)

Enjoy your week while
seeking balance,
striving for success, and
reminding yourself that change will always require action!

2 comments:

  1. OK random nerdy fact about me: I love flossing. lol literally. i take floss with me in my purse everywhere. Cannot (absolutely cannot) go to bed until I've flossed (even if I've already brushed and rinsed). It also used to be a challenge for me, but about two years ago, I read somewhere that gum disease can affect fertility. And bingo--started flossing every night. lol. Scare tactics work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lila, that's really good to know! I'm going to start thinking that way too... I like it!

    ReplyDelete