Friday, April 27, 2012

Quick Food Fix


Sometimes (or most of the time), the idea of cooking your meals at home versus grabbing a bite at the drive-thru can seem absolutely ridiculous. After finding time to balance work, school, family, kids, exercise, sleep, errands, and everything else you're loading on, setting aside an hour or two a day to prepare meals is borderline laughable. Since I frequently overbook my calendar while still wanting to maintain focus on eating right, I did some research to find some fresh new ideas... thank goodness I found these two eat right keepers from my friends at GLAM GRAD and Homemade Ginger:

I LOVE this recipe! Why? Oh, for many reasons...
::1::
I love the Crockpot - meals that will last the whole week and require little to no effort?? Score!
::2::
There are only 2 ingredients - that makes grocery shopping and calorie counting easy breezy!
::3::
I can make it while I'm sleeping and wake up to a delicious smelling house and food that's ready to go!
::4::
I've been really into salsa lately, and that's new for me. So, the idea of chicken smothered in salsa... wow, yes please!
::5:: 
I learned the recipe from the amazing Lila Kooklan, which means it must be fantastic!

 
Tried this, loved it... And yes, I'm going to tell you the reasons why...
::1::
I am totally and completely obsessed with Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags as you have learned (see Tricks & Tips Tuesday). More ways to use them equals more to be obsessed about!
::2::
I LOVE eggs - they're perfect little protein packed goodies!
::3::
I even pre-packed a bag with all my omelet fillings except the eggs, then I took my pre-packed bag and 2 eggs to work, cracked my eggs into the bag when I was ready I microwaved it for breakfast - Amazing!

Tip from my experience...
Depending on the amount of fillings you put into the bag, you might have to check to make sure the center is fully cooked. For example, I put lots of veggies in mine so I had to cook it for an additional few minutes to get it just right.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment