Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gladiator Training Part 3: THE RACE!

Yesterday, on Saturday, October 6, 2012 I crossed the Gladiator Rock'n Run finish line. A goal I once thought to be impossible is now an accomplishment I'm immensely proud of and look forward to tackling again!


I could go on and on about the total insanity of the run and all 14 obstacles, and how most of it was surprisingly fun... I could tell you all about how my fellow Gladiator Goddess, Chanel and I made all the macho men look like sissy girls... I could tell you how I am SOOOO PROUD OF MYSELF I CAN HARDLY STAND IT.... but Chanel already took all the words out of my mouth!

Check out Chanel's incredible recap of the big event and our outstanding accomplishments in Officially a Gladiator on Photography + Science = Chanel.

Before


Anxiously waiting...

READY, SET, GO!

Almost to the end and still going strong!

Pumping ourselves up after freezing to death in the Polar Plunge.

Barbed wire mud pit?? Piece of cake... piece of crumb cake!

Mud Pit Masters!

Just doing a little dumpster diving...

Turns out hay really helps with slippery hands... who knew?!

Cargo net wall - this was the obstacle I was looking forward to the most and it was all I hoped it would be and more!

Pink Flamingo Chanel handling major business on the slippery wall!

Black Swan Rachel reaching the top on try #1 - like a BOSS!
Gladiator Goddesses enjoying our free cold beers after crossing the finish line!
Gladiator Training Team Nicole, Chanel, Rachel & Nick - WE ROCK!

After

I ran, I climbed, I crawled, I conquered.


1 comment: