Thursday, July 26, 2012

[TPBE] The Best of the Best of the Best, SIR!

It's my last full week of The Pure Barre Effect... where has the time gone?!? Of course and as usual, life is trying to get in the way of an ideal week consisting of nothing but Pure Barre classes everyday, a blissfully healthy eating regimen and endless amounts of energy and motivation. No such luck though. Work is crazy hectic, I'm house sitting all week, I have various get togethers and events to attend, and the list goes on. Sounds like time to roll over and give up, right?? WRONG!! It's time to SHINE, baby! Like the Men in Black would say, we want THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST, SIR!

You know me, though... I like to be honest, and as much as I want sit on my high horse and proclaim, "ohhh yahhhh no problem - I have it allll under control" - that's just poppycock. An insanely busy schedule combined with high and mighty goals can be a tough combination to balance and doesn't typically end well. It takes a concerted effort, planning, a desire to succeed, the persistence to keep going, and reminders reminders reminders. If I was living with my parents, I might be able to rely on a plethora of post-it notes scattered around the house, but that's not the case (thank goodness - no offense, love you and your post-its, mom!) So far, the best thing that's worked for me during a "really on" week is a series of reminders of things to think about and act on.


For TPBE, my reminders consist of a variety of Pure Barre related and general lifestyle items. The two aspects combined help me push it to the next level, feel tangible changes and see physical results.
---------------
Raise higher on my toes, keep a tucked seat, and sink lower into the position during the entire class.
INSTEAD OF
Feeling comfortable, slacking off and doing the minimum to get through class.
-----
Focus on my breathing throughout the entire class - Inhale...2...3...4... Exhale...2...3...4...
INSTEAD OF
Keeping my body tight and holding my breathe.
-----
Bring my water to stay hydrated right before class starts and right after class ends.
INSTEAD OF
Going unprepared and feeling dehydrated and tired.
-----
Use 3 pound weights in class.
INSTEAD OF
Sticking with the 2 pound weights I always use.
-----
Close my eyes and breathe through the pain when it feels unbearable.
INSTEAD OF
Giving up and coming out of the position.
-----
Concentrate on my form and monitor myself in the mirrors.
INSTEAD OF
Slacking off and avoiding the maximum benefits possible.
-----
Take 30 seconds to mix up a protein shake on the go.
INSTEAD OF
Driving through to get fast food because I'm "too" busy and didn't plan ahead.
-----
Go for a quick walk around the block when I get home.
INSTEAD OF
Eating right away or sinking into the couch when I walk through the door.
-----
Focus on one task at a time.
INSTEAD OF
Getting overwhelmed.
-----
Drink a glass of water.
INSTEAD OF
Mindlessly snacking.
-----
Stop, think, make smart decisions, and act thoughtfully.
INSTEAD OF
Drifting through my day on auto pilot and suffering the consequences of making mistakes and poor choices.
--------------


2 comments:

  1. Going to try out Pure Barre Irvine soon thanks to you! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's SO good to hear, Sheena! Let me know what you think and hopefully we can meet at the barre together someday :)

      Delete