Fit Life Tricks & Tips
:: fun ways to enhance your fit life ::
:: smalls things, big things, any size things that get you excited while looking & feeling your best ::
:: compliments to your everyday routine ::
:: extra goodies that make it easier to get motivated and maintain long term success ::
The 5 Minute Model Makeover
I recently discovered dry brushing and could not be a bigger fan! I remember having one of these silly looking brushes that had no real purpose laying around while I was growing up, but little did I know that this puppy packs a lot of punch and bang for the buck. As cliche as it sounds, I read about it in a fitness magazine (I don't remember which or I'd totally give credit) in an interview with a model who swore by dry brushing and explained that it's every model's secret weapon. Of course, I was intrigued and after doing some research I quickly jumped on the bandwagon...
- Stimulates blood flow
- Removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores
- Stimulates the hormone and oil glands
- Reduces cellulite
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the nervous system (supposedly helps tone the muscles) and tightens the skin
- Nurtures the body and increases your ability to absorb nutrients
- Buy your very own incredible dry brush/natural bristle brush for as little as $10 (sold at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, beauty stores, practially anywhere online if you're not scared of online shopping like I am)
- Brush your dry body before you shower or bathe (preferably in the morning)
- Starting at your feet and fingertips, brush toward your heart
- Use brisk circular motions or long even strokes
- Brush all the way up your legs, abdomen, buttocks, and back
- Focus longer on areas with cellulite
- Follow brushing with a shower (warm, not too hot) then massaging skin with lotion
Discovering these handy dandy steamer bags will dramatically increase your desire to laugh at all the excuses people throw around about not being able to eat healthy at work, home, or in a hurry!
Grab yourself a bag of these bad boys (sold at most major grocery stores), frozen or fresh veggies, and microwave for 1-3 minutes (depending on what you're making) for the ultimate great for you snack or compliment to any meal. I prefer fresh veggies - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, and green beans. I pack solo bags if I'm in the mood to be a one veggie woman or mix them up for a little veggie party. After microwaving, I typically sprinkle my treat with salt, pepper, and a little lemon if I have it on hand.