Monday, March 26, 2012

Motive Me Monday - Be a GOAL GETTER!

Need motivation? I find there's no better way to get motivated than to set a goal and GET IT! Accordingly, Love Fit Life is doing a 5K!


PLEASE JOIN OUR TEAM!
Stop Talking; Start Doing. 
Here's all the info:

What?
PADRES 5K Run/Walk in Honor of the Courage & Spirit of Children with Cancer and their Families

Ok, but what is a 5K exactly?
A 5K is 3.1 miles that you can walk or run (or a combination of both), depending on your preference

When?
Sunday, June 24, 2012 @ 8:30 a.m. 
(arrival time between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.)

Where?
The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA

How Much?
Registration to participate is $25 and additional donations are always welcome and encouraged

Join The Team!
1. Go to: www.standforhope.net
2. Click "REGISTER"
3. Click "I Agree" to the Waiver/Agreement
4. Select "Join a Team" & when the selection menu appears below, select Love Fit Life
5. Complete the Personal Information Page & pay your $25 registration fee (plus any additional donation you wish to make)
6. Start walking/running because Sunday, June 24, 2012 will be here before you know it!
7. Pat yourself on the back for committing to a fit life and supporting PADRES Contra El Cancer along the way
8. Invite all your family and friends to join too - the more the merrier and you definitely don't want to miss this party!



 Have an excuse already lined up? I thought you might! So, here's an E & O.I. (Excuse & Overcome It) list provided for your convenience:

E: I don't live near Pasadena/I can't do that race...
O.I.: No problemo! Check out these websites for more races and train along with us anyway!

http://www.raceplace.com/crunla.shtml
http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/racefinder/1,7151,s6-239-283-284-0-0-0-0-0,00.html
http://www.runningintheusa.com/

E: I don't even know where to begin to train for something like that...
O.I.: Don't worry, I didn't either when I did my first 5K. I started by running at least a little bit 3-4 times a week. At first, at least a little bit meant just around the block. As I progressed, I ran based on time and slowly increased my time until I was able to run for 25-30 minutes straight. On race day, the crowd and my adrenaline did a lot more of the work than I thought! I finished in 30 minutes and could not have been happier!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/5k-run/SM00061
http://www.livestrong.com/5k-training/
http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How-to-Train-for-Your-First-5K.htm

E: I can't afford registration...
O.I.: Talk to your family, friends, and co-workers to sponsor you! One way to pitch it is to have people sponsor you per mile - "Hey, I'm walking/running in a 5K to prioritize a fit life for myself and support children with cancer and their families - what do you say to sponsoring my 1st mile with a $5-$10 donation?" We are running to support a great cause and since it's only $25 you can easily get 1 or more people to help you cover the cost.

E: I'm not a morning person...
O.I. Part 1: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
O.I. Part 2: Get over it.

E: I have kids/a family that I can't just leave for an hour or two on a Sunday morning...
O.I.: Great news! You are the best possible role model for your kids and family! Lead by example and show them that living a healthy and fit life is crucial for so many reasons, AND that it can be done as a family. Not only that, but EVERYONE IS WELCOME! Got a bun in a oven? You should definitely be walking so that you're ready for delivery day. Got a little one running around? Pop them in the stroller and walk/run while pushing or if they're old enough to walk, walk as a group! Got a significant other/spouse that's not on board? Tell them that you're prioritizing yourself and your health and they can make their own breakfast that morning!

E: I don't/can't/won't run...
O.I.: No prob Bob... as we've already mentioned, you can WALK! We already have walkers confirmed too so you won't be alone!

E: I don't have time to walk/run or do something like this on a Sunday...
O.I. Part 1: Just replace walking/running for some of the time you spend everyday being unhealthy, unhappy, stressed, tired, and worrying about how your life will be shorter because you don't take care of yourself. Oh, did I say that out loud? Yes I did. Oh, you didn't want to hear that? The truth hurts.
O.I. Part 2: You will have walked or run your way to a completed 5K by 9:30 a.m. on Sunday morning - You'll probably call all your friends to brag about your accomplishment and they won't even be up yet! You'll probably have a meeting or event to go to that day and you'll have tons of time to kill before it even starts! You'll probably get home before your family or roommates even wake up!

E: I'm injured and physically unable to walk or run...
O.I.: We want a fit life community... that means being together, being happy in positive company and not leaving anyone behind. Let's brainstorm a way to get you across the finish line! We want everyone there, no matter what.

E: I can't actually set a goal and get it because then I'll break my just talking about it cycle and I'm scared of change...
O.I.: Don't worry, I was there too once! Trust me and everyone else who has ever broken that cycle - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT ONE BIT...EVER!


As David Banner would say, "WORK THEM HIPS, RUN GIRL..." 
As Love Fit Life would say, "WORK THEM HIPS, WALK/RUN BOYS & GIRLS" 





No comments:

Post a Comment