Sunday, March 25, 2012

Prep for Success - Actions Speak Louder Than Words

I seem to be caught in a crazy busy few weeks lately, and since most students have midterms and finals on the horizon, I know I can't be the only one. Luckily, I got to spend the weekend with my wonderful mother on a mommy-daughter romantic getaway - we took a 4 hour walk through lots of hills, practiced new yoga poses, slept more than we usually would, and discussed lots of meditation ideas and concepts. Needless to say, it was just what we both needed to quickly re-boot and jump in head first to another busy week. While everyone doesn't have the luxury of doing what I did this weekend, it is important that you find time to relax and re-boot; find your special retreat, whether it's the 5 or 10 minutes you have before your spouse and kids wake up/after bedtime, the temporary study break you have to walk around and clear your head, the night you say "no" to going out to the bar so you can spend the night locked up in your room reading, etc... We can talk and talk and talk about how busy/stressed/crazy we and our lives are and how much we hate it, but talk is cheap - make a change if you want to see a difference, period.


...This week, I want to focus on MY actions and actually separating them from my words... 


Plan It - DO IT!

This week, I've planned more specific workouts than I usually do on my calendar and I have every intention of following through with them. Typically, I don't do this because it hasn't turned out well for me - even though most workout and fitness advise I read and hear says that planning specifics will increase your chances of success. I'm even going to share my planned schedule for the week in an attempt to keep myself more accountable:
Monday: Cardio Barre Hollywood class (from a LivingSocial deal I have) 
Tuesday: (Choose One) Spinning class or Zumba class
Wednesday: Gym day - 30 min HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) & Weight Training
Thursday: Swimming
Friday: Kickboxing Class
Saturday: Run @ Rose Bowl (Pasadena)
Sunday: Rest & Restorative Yoga class


Be Worry Free

Some things are within my control, but most things are not. This week, I want move past simply recognizing what I can and cannot change, and move towards a point of letting go. If something is worrying me or if someone is annoying me or if the end of the world is nearing, I will acknowledge the situation and feelings that arise but then take a deep breath and move on.


Camera Ready Year Round

Staying consistent with my health and fitness goals will help me maintain confidence and feel camera ready all year round. I like this :) Yes, I can talk about consistency and plans for living a fit life, but follow through is required to be successful.


The Everyday Beauty

There's way too much peace and beauty in the world that I don't acknowledge because my tunnel vision takes over. With (what seems like) a million things to do everyday, it's easy to let the world pass by without noticing. This week I want to stop and smell the roses, see the everyday beauty that's right beneath my nose or above my head, and appreciate my surroundings. 



Your week starts now.
Act better, live stronger, and remember to stop and smell the roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment